Friday 12 April 2013

2 years without Windows

Just noticed my blog of about 2 years ago where I described my world without Windows.
Two years on and I have not regretted making the change.
In fact I get increasingly annoyed whenever I have to touch a Windows system, which I do because I have clients with them.
I upgraded my hardware last summer to get 4 monitors onto my system and I moved my old Phenom machine across and have installed Win 7 for those few occasions when I need to access Windows.  It's like wading through treacle in comparison to my Ubuntu machine.
This morning for example when I wanted to pop on to Windows to check something it decided to do some updates.  20 minutes and some 6 automatic reboots I was able to get to what I wanted.  What a drain on productivity!
If all you do is browse the internet, send and receive a few emails, maybe write a letter or two then go on, be brave, make the leap into the world of Ubuntu Linux.

No comments: