Friday 1 August 2008

Is this new malware or just a bug!!

I may have identified new malware. I am calling it a thrip but it might just be a bug!!
Things were moving in front of my eyes. Items on my screen were moving around. I had a close look and sure enough this small half cursor sized object was moving around my screen. It looked just like a thrip (also called thunder flies in the UK). I went to brush it away but it just kept on walking.
When I looked closely I saw that this insect was indeed walking around on my screen BETWEEN the layers of the flat panel. We all know how these small insects can find their way behind the glass of pictures but if need be you can unframe your picture of photo, remove the thrips and get on with life.
I know precisely what is going to happen with my pet thrip. It will die and it will do so in the middle of the screen so that every word document I have will have this thrip in the most straegic place. I won't be able to get rid of it. I will not be able to take the layers of my flat panel apart.
It looks like thrippy and I are just going to have to get along for the time being.

No comments: